Ever since Crafting debuted in Apex Legends in Season 6: Boosted, Replicators have become and interesting part of the meta. Some players love crafting, some ignore it all together, and others only use it when its their only option for a last-ditch effort. Nevertheless, balance updates for Apex Legends often come with changes to crafting alongside Legend and weapon changes. Season 14: Hunted brought several changes to crafting that could affect now Replicators come into play.
All Crafting Changes (Season 14: Hunted)
- When a squadmate collects materials from a Material Harvester, all players will gain the 25 materials, and the Harvester empties for the whole team
- This does not apply to the 5 materials earned from opening Supply Bins, these are still personal
- Shatter Caps removed from crafting rotation
- Hammerpoint Rounds now part of RE-45 combo craft
- Three Extended Magazines have received a price increase to 35 materials (formerly 25)
- Heavy Extended Magazine (Level 3)
- Energy Extended Magazine (Level 3)
- Sniper Extended Magazine (Level 3)
- Three attachments have received price decreases to 25 (formerly 35)
- Standard Stock (Level 3)
- Sniper Stock (Level 3)
- Barrel Stabilizer (Level 3)
- New Laser Sight attachment can be crafted for 25 materials
- Three Hop-Ups have been added into the crafting rotations
- Skullpiercer Rifling (Level 4)
- Double Tap Trigger (Level 3)
- Kinetic Feeder (Level 3)
- Shotgun Bolt cost increased to 30 materials (formerly 25)
- 2-4x ACOG optic cost decreased to 30 (formerly 35)
Crafting vs Gameplay
These changes definitely show that players prefer extended magazines over any other attachment, and it will be interesting to see if this changes the rate in which players craft certain items. The shake up in the Hop-Up line-up is also one of the major factors at play for the Replicator changes, so it should be interesting to see how everything plays out.
These changes debuted in Apex Legends on August 9, 2022 via the Season 14: Hunted update.