Ever since they debuted in Season 8: Mayhem, Explosive Holds have become an iconic part of the Kings Canyon map. These miniature vaults only open if you put a grenade (Arc Star, Thermite Grenade, or Frag Grenade) in the door slot. Many players have upped their loot game with the goods inside. It makes sense that the Explosive Hold got a minor update alongside its map getting a major update. Let’s take a look.
Explosive Hold changes (Season 14: Hunted)
With the return of Kings Canyon, its map-exclusive Explosive Holds saw an update.
- Loot inside Explosive Holds is now only Rare or higher (formerly Epic or higher)
- Blue Attachments will now spawn inside
- Gold Magazines are now less common in Explosive Holds
- Their spawn rate inside the holds has been reduced
- The new Laser Sights attachment now able to spawn inside of Explosive Holds
- This attachment only works on SMGs and Pistols
While the loot inside of Explosive Holds isn’t as good as it was in past seasons, the chance to snatch the new Laser Sights attachment, and the other good inside may still bring players to the Explosive Holds. Explosive Holds also make good cover in certain situations.