Lifeline players have long complained about the treatment of her place in the meta and kit in Apex Legends. Many of the critiques with regard to Lifeline began after the developers removed her revive shield. These complaints only grew when Newcastle debuted, along with a revive shield of his own.
Apex Legends’ social media has been spammed with comments asking what the point of Lifeline is anymore, and how badly she needs a buff. Luckily for the spammers, Lifeline has received a major buff for the Awakening Collection Event.
Lifeline Buff for Awakening Collection Event
All three of Lifeline’s abilities received buffs for the Awakening Collection Event. None of her abilities received nerfs, though there are some neutral changes.
Related: All Replicator Weapons and rotations in Apex Legends
[Passive] Combat Revive
- [Buff ↑] Players being revived by Lifeline’s Combat Revive can now cancel being revived
- [Change ↔] Lifeline can no longer cancel her drone’s reviving
[Tactical] D.O.C. Heal Drone
- [Buff ↑] D.O.C. Heal Drone’s healing pool is now infinite (previously 150)
- The drone still only lasts 20 seconds
- [Buff ↑] The healing radius for D.O.C. has doubled
[Ultimate] Care Package
- [Buff ↑] Cooldown for Lifeline’s Care Package is now only 3.5 minutes (previously 5)
- [Change ↔] The weapon attachment panel now includes a Shield Battery (previously 2 Shield Cells)
- [Buff ↑] The blue beam will only appear when the Care Package lands
- This allows for better stealth overall, and better mid-battle plays
This major Lifeline buff went live on June 21, 2022 for the Awakening Collection Event.