Splatoon 3 is the latest entry in the ink-shooting series from Nintendo. While the base game has plenty to enjoy, there’s more content coming through seasonal updates and paid content, such as the Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass! If you’re interested in getting the DLC, find out what to expect from it before you put your money down.
Related: All of the DLC Content in Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass
The Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass retails for $24.99 with two waves of content for this Nintendo Switch title. One part of the expansion has already been released, while the second part is will launch sometime in 2023. Players must purchase the Expansion Pass to access either wave of this content. You cannot buy these expansions individually.
Wave 1: Inkopolis
- New hub area: Inkopolis Plaza
- Amiibo Box functionality
- Booyah Base: Shopping district with shops from the original Splatoon
- Ammo Knights (run by Shelly and Donny)
- Cooler Heads (run by Annie and Moe)
- Jelly Fresh (run by Jelonzo)
- Shrimp Kicks (run by Fred Crumbs)
- Grizzco Industries
- Hotlantis: Make purchases through remote terminal access
- Octo Valley
- Spyke: Offers gear-related services just like Murch
- Tableturf Battle Dojo
- Squid Sisters performances during Splatfests with alternating songs
- The ‘City of Color‘ (2023) single (first half of performance)
- ‘Tomorrow’s Nostalgia Today‘ single (second half of performance)
- Available February 28, 2023
Wave 2: Side Order
- New story scenario: Side Order
- Available 2023
While we don’t know about Side Order yet, we’re sure to get more info in the coming months, especially with Summer Game Fest coming in June.
For more on Splatoon 3, stay tuned to Press SPACE to Jump!