Issues are common on launches for titles as prominent as Overwatch 2, but the troubles this time are worse than expected. Players have seen several problems since the game debuted on October 4. Blizzard is working to fix things in Overwatch 2, but taking note of common problems should help you see if the issue is on your end. Check out the catalog of problems persisting in Overwatch 2 right now.
Known Launch Issues for Overwatch 2
Blizzard held a known issues forum on battle.net during the launch. We’ve listed the known issues shown in that forum for Overwatch 2 below. These issues include launch problems and bugs consistent in most game versions.
Standard Launch Issues
- Players merging PC and console accounts receive Unexpected Server Error messages.
- Some cosmetics, currency, and items are missing from player collections
- Players experiencing trouble logging in and disconnecting
- Some players merging accounts lose access to heroes.
Overwatch 2 Bugs
- New characters are locked with no Hero Challenges available
- Prices for the Just For You section of the shop are not working
- Alt + Tab on PC fullscreen and windowed borderless mode resulting in black screen
- Misplaced camera during highlights
- Some characters fall through the map during Bounty Hunter Arcade Mode.
- Users are unable to invite friends at times using the Social UI. Using /invite is a possible workaround.
- Hero Unlock challenges not progressing during Total Mayhem
- Workshop Green Screen and Workshop Island load incorrect maps and break codes
- Echo playing Kiriko, Sojourn, and Junker Queen voice lines
- System-Wide Malfunction season challenge not tracking properly when mitigating Bastion’s damage
- SMS Protect in an unstable state
- Buying Kiriko’s Kopopo skin unlocks the Fuji skin. Refunds going out starting 10/06
- LC-208 Error
Disabled Maps in Overwatch 2
Until Overwatch 2 is more stable, several of the game’s maps are disabled. Some maps are only locked for specific modes, while others are closed off entirely. Check which maps are out of rotation here.
- Illios (Capture the Flag)
- Temple of Anubis
Solved Issues in Overwatch 2
While Overwatch 2 has its fair share of issues at launch, the devs are updating the site as they fix problems. You can find each of the fixed issues below:
- Kiriko and Sojourn’s heroic victory poses free once more. Those who bought them will get a refund.
- Match History and Replays now available in Career Profile
- Players who bought Happi Genji after launch would get their tokens back if they bought it before.
Hopefully, problems with Overwatch 2 will end soon, but until the game is stable, we’ll keep this page updated.
For more on Overwatch 2, stay tuned to Press SPACE to Jump!