FFXIV is one of the most popular MMOs on the market, and a large part of that hinges on Square Enix’s consistent updates. Gods Revel, Lands Tremble saw another update in April that fixed several bugs and balance issues. See what changed here before you hop back into Eorzea.
Related: FFXIV Fashion Report Fridays: How to score 80 points
FFXIV Patch 6.38 Notes
Patch 6.3 focused on updating battle systems, fixing bugs, and adjusting Savage activities in FFXIV. See more on those tweaks below:
Battle System Changes
- Weekly restrictions for Unsung Blades of Abyssos from Abyssos: The Eight Circle removed
- Adjustments made to Pandæmonium: Abyssos (Savage):
- Two treasure coffers always appear.
- Weekly restrictions on coffer rewards removed.
- Weekly entrance restriction on all areas of Pandæmonium: Abyssos (Savage) removed.
- Players can now move directly to any circle of Pandæmonium.
- Items required to enhance weapons purchased with Allagan tomestones of causality, Moonshine Brine, are now available from a particular vendor.
|Nesvaaz, Radz-at-Han (X: 10.6 Y: 10.0)||Aglaia Coin|
- After acquiring items to enhance gear from J’lakshai, Wilmetta, or Nesvaaz, talk to Khaldeen in Radz-at-Han (X: 10.9 Y: 10.4) to upgrade equipment by exchanging items for augmented armor.
Adjustments were made to several jobs for PvP battles. See the complete list of changes in the FFXIV Job Guide.
|Phalanx||Reduced damage taken from 50% to 33%.|
|Blota||Heavy effect duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.|
|Phantom Rush||Potency increased from 10,000 to 12,000.|
|Sky Shatter||Potency lowered from 20,000 to 18,000|
Potency increase within 5 yalms changed from 30,000 to 32,000
Barrier now absorbs 24,000 potency instead of 25% of max HP
|Fuma Shuriken||Range lowered from 25 to 20 yalms.|
|Hyosho Ranryu||Max range lowered from 25 to 20 yalms.|
|Goka Mekkyaku||Range reduced from 25 to 20 yalms.|
|Plentiful Harvest||Max potency increased from 20,000 to 24,000.|
|Curing Waltz||Healing potency increased from 8,000 to 10,000.|
|Burst||Barrier strength increased from 12,000 to 16,000|
|Magick Barrier||Effect duration increased from 8 to 10 seconds.|
|Frazzle||The effect duration increased from 8 to 10 seconds.|
|Southern Cross||Healing potency increased from 6,000 to 8,000|
Damage potency increased from 6,000 to 8,000
Cure potency increase from White Shift reduced from 100% to 50%
Damage potency increase from Black Shift reduced from 100% to 50%
|Adloquium||Cure potency reduced from 4,000 to 3,000|
Barrier strength increased from 4,000 to 6,000
|Fall Malefic||Recast time reduction granted by additional effect “Reduces the recast time of Double Cast” changed from 7.5 to 10 seconds.|
- Time until tactical crystal becomes unbound reduced from 30 to 20 seconds.
- The probability of triggering a pneumatic parade on the Clockwork Castletown stage was adjusted to increase the chances of a second parade.
- Season Five Ends. Season Six begins.
- When the season ends, the top 100 players in each data center earn vouchers for the Moogle Delivery Service.
- Bronze Tier and higher players can claim rewards from Seasonal Quartermaster at the Wolves’ Den Pier (X: 4.9 Y:5.7)
The following issues are addressed as of Patch 6.38:
- The Eureka Orthos with Orthos gulo gulo executing attacks incorrectly.
- Damage dealt in Eureka Orthos with Orthose aetherpool gear +4 was lower than intended.
- In Eureka Orthos, players’ max HP when equipping Orthose aetherpool gear +13 was lower than planned.
- Graphics for the feet gear Valentione Rose Heels didn’t display correctly on male Lalafells.
- Third Tier of splendorous tools for Disciples of the Land were missing the attribute “GP +9.”
- The issue addressed in Patch 6.38 saw an error in the display of the item help text. The hotfix released on March 9, 2023, granted the correct effect.
- Island Sanctuary wouldn’t allow certain character strings when naming animals.
- Using the Character Renaming Service when visiting another data center prevented players from logging into FFXIV under certain conditions.
For more on FFXIV, please stay tuned to Press SPACE to Jump!