Final Fantasy XIV is one of the most popular MMOs on the market. More players join Square Enix’s service each day. While success is favorable for FFXIV, popularity can make servers harder to access. Find out what causes this pesky error code and how to avoid it with our handy list of remedies. With luck, you can get back into Eorzea in record time.
Should you experience Error 2002, try out several quick fixes listed below:
Final Fantasy XIV Error 2002 Solutions
Final Fantasy XIV’s Error 2002 commonly occurs when over 21,000 players are in the queue. If you try to log in when the queue is higher than this cap, you’ll be sent back to the main menu. While this isn’t the only cause for this Error, it is the most prevalent.
- Restart Final Fantasy XIV and your Internet connection.
- Apply wired connection if possible.
- When booted from the queue, immediately reenter quickly to retain your spot. Repeat the process until you get in.
- Allow Final Fantasy XIV through your firewall, as firewalls can also cause this error.
- Log in outside of high-traffic hours for a higher chance of entry.
- Check other servers to see if there are issues.
Error 2002 is most common after large content drops for Final Fantasy XIV. When Endwalker launched, players saw this error regularly. If you’re interested in keeping up with the update schedule for Final Fantasy XIV, visit the FFXIV Lodestone.
Though Final Fantasy XIV doesn’t have another expansion scheduled until 2023, there are regular updates. The Final Fantasy XIV Live Letter is the best way to stay up to date with upcoming content for this popular title.
For more on Final Fantasy XIV, visit our other articles on Press SPACE to Jump!