Gathering loot is a key part of Apex Legends, and while a lot of loot is on the ground, a lot of it is also in Supply Bins. Standard Supply Bins are orange and have no special qualities. However, there are also two other kinds of Supply Bins: Red and Blue. Red bins contain Smart Loot, and blue bins contain a higher chance of healing items. That said, not every Legend can open these bins. Let’s take a look at how to open specialty Supply Bins in Apex Legends.
How to open Blue Extended Supply Bins
In order to open an Extended Blue Supply Bin, you will need a Support Class Legend. The only Legends that can open the Extra Compartment are Lifeline, Gibraltar, Loba, and Newcastle.
Blue Supply Bin Extensions include:
- Increased chances of finding Shields Batteries and Med Kits
- Increased chance of finding Heat Shields while outside of The Ring
- Will not trigger if player is already carrying Heat Shields
- Increased chance of finding a Mobile Respawn Beacon when carrying an ally’s banner
- Will not trigger if player is already carrying Mobile Respawn Beacon
Related: How to use every Legend Class Perk in Apex Legends
How to open Red Smart Loot Supply Bins
In order to open an Extended Blue Supply Bin, you will need an Assault Class Legend. The only Legends that can gain Smart Loot from the red bins are Bangalore, Ash, Fuse, Mad Maggie, and Revenant.
Red Supply Bin Smart Loot includes:
- 4 weapon attachment type Smart Loot (Loot needed by your squad)
- All attachments are Rare-tier (Blue) or higher
- At least one attachment will always be an optic
- Hop-Ups and Extended Magazines are rarer than the other attachments
These changes to Supply Bins were added to Apex Legends for Season 16: Revelry.