With the Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores out, players can continue their journey with Aloy. The DLC grants access to a new area in the ruins of what was once California. This large archipelago is home to several new machines and a new adversary. Uncover the untold evil within these wilds and see what’s next for PlayStation’s favorite huntress. You’ll need to finish a few steps before you can begin this additional content, though.
Related: Live A Live now coming to PS5, PS4, and PC on April 27
Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores Unlock Requirements
Follow each of the steps listed here to start the Burning Shores DLC in Horizon Forbidden West.
- Purchase and download Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores via the PlayStation store ($19.99). After purchasing and installing the DLC, you should receive a pop-up thanking you for getting Burning Shores. If you don’t, try restarting the game.
- Complete the Singularity main quest in Horizon Forbidden West (the final mission in the main game) if you haven’t already.
- After completing the Singularity quest, you will need to wait for a call from Sylens on Aloy’s Focus. If you’ve already completed the main story before purchasing the DLC, Slyens will talk to you once you close out of the aforementioned pop-up message.
- After your talk with Slyens, you’ll need to make your way to Tilda’s Mansion (location below).
- Talk to Sylens to start the To The Burning Shores mission. After talking with him, you’ll be able to begin your adventure.
The Burning Shores DLC adds roughly 8-15 hours of new content, so enjoy the new story, characters, and abilities during this meaty expansion.
For more on Horizon Forbidden West and all things PlayStation, stick with us at Press SPACE to Jump!