In The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Link and Zelda return to face a new threat. This new foe is leagues above Calamity Ganon, and to combat the mighty Ganondorf, Link’ll need plenty of new tricks and skills. While there are several new abilities for this silent protagonist to enjoy, some don’t carry on from Breath of the Wild. Find out what powers didn’t make the cut.
Related: All of the Zelda Amiibo and where to buy them
Link’s Removed Powers in Tears of the Kingdom (and their replacements)
While Link gets new powers in Tears of the Kingdom, a handful of his abilities from the Breath of the Wild won’t appear. The removed capabilities include the following:
- Remote Bombs: Square and circular bombs that Link could detonate at any point.
- Cryonis: Freeze water to create pillars of ice
- Magnesis: Grab and manipulate metal items
- Stasis: Freeze an object or enemy for a set period
Despite not having these powers in Tears of the Kingdom, Link’s new abilities offer similar functions with expanded versatility.
- Ascend: climb through a structure’s ceiling to the floor above it.
- Autobuild: Speed up the crafting of devices and vehicles with assistive options
- Fuse: Combine any two items to create a new one.
- Ultrahand: Fashion new items, structures, and machines by compiling items
- Recall: Rewind an object, sending it back in time.
For more on The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, stay tuned to Press SPACE to Jump and our sister site, GameSandwich, where they’re celebrating Zelda month!